JOURNAL

This journal is dedicated to whatever rolls across my mind and to those who listen. Thank you.


Sunday, January 10, 2010

THE LAIR

Just wrapped shooting (for me anyway... they still maybe have another day of shooting to complete the film) The Lair.  Directed by Joe Rosario http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1317851/  I auditioned a month or so ago and Joe said on the spot that he didn't have a part for me but he liked me so much he'd write me in!  And not only did he write me in... he made me the premise of the whole film! LOL!  Thank you Joe so much for being so kind and for taking a chance.  Thank you!  I had such a good time playing this part... the Devil!  Hookah Master Ray is my name and I am the devil.  I run a sexy smokey bar with sexy smokey ladies... and well... it was pretty cool to say the least.  Acting is lots of sitting around and waiting for your scene to be shot.  A 12 hour shoot day is a short day.  But the craziest thing... I enjoy it.  I don't get bored.  I soak it up and sit patiently.  I never thought I'd be that comfortable with work.  Thank you God!

Here are some pics from rehearsal earlier this week.  They're pretty cool.

Oh and by the way... it's not all yellow brick road for me.  I was rejected after a call back (call back is when they like you enough to call you in for another round of auditioning) for a White Castle hamburger commercial.  Ah well... they commended me on a great audition but gave the part to the taller guy! LOL!  I'm still not dramatic enough! LOL!

Anyway... those rehearsal shots... ;-)


The Lair - Rehearsal Proofs from Jeff Larkin on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment