JOURNAL

This journal is dedicated to whatever rolls across my mind and to those who listen. Thank you.


Monday, January 18, 2010

From "Albert" to Troma

I finished a two day shoot for the short film "Albert" the other day.  A brilliantly whimsical story about determination and imagination.  I played Geenie, a sworn protector to Mr. Sputnick, a cantankerous old man filled with angst and frustration.  In the end the old man is shown what magic the human spirit can produce when he believes in himself. :-)  So I'm a bodyguard and my costume (this is kinda funny) was almost the same as when I was the devil in "The Lair" a few days before.  Instead of red baggy Thai pants, no shirt and red body glitter... I wore baggy white Thai pants, no shirt and gold body glitter! LOL! 

Part of my ticket into the movies is taking my shirt off! LOL!  I have no problem with that.  I am visual art, so I use it to my advantage. ;-)

Moving on... I had a meeting with some brilliant young minds at Troma Entertainment recently.  While at Troma headquarters in Long Island  City, NY I stole a moment at the great Lloyd Kaufmans desk.  Lloyd is co-creator of one of the biggest cult classics "Toxic Avenger"!  A movie I remember watching one late night on Cinemax when I was probably in the 6th grade.  Now I'm sitting at the makers desk!  Life can be so cool if you let it. ;-)

At Lloyd's desk...


No comments:

Post a Comment