JOURNAL

This journal is dedicated to whatever rolls across my mind and to those who listen. Thank you.


Saturday, December 19, 2009

THE DUEL

3.30 pm and the largest winter storm of the year or of several years is just starting to roll into NYC.  In about 45 mins I'll head out to Brooklyn to shoot a scene in a short film called "The Duel".  I play a wrestler in a gym wrestling.  Yes, wrestling.  Catching a beating is more like it! LOL!

So many of the roles I take are very physical.  Each leaves me with a little scar.  A growth scar.  My badge of courage... of my evolution.

So in a couple hours I'll be in my trunks bouncing off the ropes, getting a spinning back kick to the chest, dropping to the floor and taking a leg drop of some kind across the throat.  Real WWE kinda shit.  Fortunately for me my partner is a top notch wrestler and knows how to do this with as little pain to me as possible.  Don't be fooled... there is still pain. ;-)  My boy Razor, check it out... http://www.myspace.com/razzarizzoti

Ok.  Gotta go put on my rubbers (snow shoes ;) and head out to Kid Kelly's Gym on Liberty street in Brooklyn.  Old school boxing gym... very cool.

TD


No comments:

Post a Comment