JOURNAL

This journal is dedicated to whatever rolls across my mind and to those who listen. Thank you.


Monday, December 14, 2009

INKED HOLIDAY SMASH

So I got an invite and hit up the Inked Magazine holiday party tonight.  Yeah... VIP. LOL!  Seriously though... I was... we were.  Andrea came with.  So there was a "red carpet" area where people were interviewed on film and several photographers taking pictures.  So I was up to bat and the chick with the mic asks my name and to tell her about my tats.  So "I'm Tim Dax, I'm an actor and my tattoos are who I am."  And then there was a pause... a little bit longer... and then it ended. I guess she was expecting something a little more long winded.  ;-)  We shared a few more words, I posed for the cameras then stepped around the velvet ropes and made sure every photographer there got my card.  No sense in having a pic of a dude they can't identify. Gettin it out there man.  It doesn't happen sitting down.

The party for me was more about the movie producers, magazine owners (not necessarily Inked mag owners... I don't even know if they were there)  and other industry peeps I wanna have know who I am.  As for Inked mag itself... I've barked up their tree more than once only to be ignored and eventually even told rather abruptly "we are not interested".   Nah, the party was a success for me in many other and more important ways... connecting.

Gotta connect with what's going on man.  Pay attention and put yourself out there... smack dab in the middle of a path of what you want.  Ensconce yourself in the direction you wish to travel.

Auditioned for a short film yesterday (that I think I got) and a short student film today, which I did get.  Things are cool.

~Dax~

Two shots from tonight...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment