JOURNAL

This journal is dedicated to whatever rolls across my mind and to those who listen. Thank you.


Saturday, December 12, 2009

HUXTABLE GETS WOOD

As far as my acting career is going... I'm getting busier.  I'm getting busier with all elements of the industry.  Film shoots, photo shoots, seminars, networking events, meeting the right people.  It's all about getting yourself out there.  And it doesn't happen sitting at home watching tv dreaming of being an actor.

And you gotta be ready to hustle!  Yesterday I got a call from a director to play a part in his movie "Huxtable Gets Wood".  Call time he reported to me over the phone was 8.30 on set.  "No problem! I'll be there!"  That means up at 6 am on Saturday morning walking in the deep freeze of this morning to a high school on the upper west side of town.  And I did it for free!  Yes, free.  You gotta start doing something even if you have to make a sacrafice.  What did I get in return?  I got to act.  I got to be a part of an industry I've always dreamed of.  I got practice.  I met new people.  I proved my reliability.  I get a clip of my scene for my reel.  And... this project will count towards me joining SAG (actors union).  So in the end... I really didn't work for free.  I got a lot in return.  And I gave out 7 or 8 of my business cards to other actors and film peeps who approached me for potential future projects.

Anything is everything!  That is my latest motto.  Now matter how insignificant you might think something... take another look. 

So anyway I play a tough guy in leather who slams some dude up against the lockers and threatens him.  Short n sweet. ;-)

I didn't get any pics yet... (I gotta get better at carrying my still photo camera) but this is what I wore today minus my motorcycle. ;)

All is well.

Tim Dax


No comments:

Post a Comment